I want everyone to know that we are still fighting for Troy, you have not heard from me in two days because I have been trying to answer so many calls and get rest in between. I went to see Troy yesterday and he is in good spirits, prayerful and saying "we can never give up. They can take my physical form but nothing else." But this is not the time to think he will be executed. We have to fight them and we have to fight hard.
I want to first tell you that something strange has taken place with the Parole Board, as we went in the Chair Gale Buckner said they had a lot of information to review and a decision would not be made on Friday. The lawyers presented the additional witnesses who told accounts of police detectives threatening them with guns and the DA threatening with purjury if they changed their testimonies against Troy, most of these people were teenagers, one guy who testified was 15 years old at the time and admitted that he ad he friends were the ones involved in a shooting earlier that night and they threw shell casings near the scene that of course did not have Troy's prints on them.
The lawyers showed how they put Troy's picture on wanted posters after Coles pointed the finger at Troy and they took a polaroid out of my mom's house and they only showed the witnesses that photo to identify Troy several days after he had turned himself in. So Troy was never picked out of lineup. The police detectives merely brought the one picture after his face in newspaper etc and said is this the guy.
We were so very confident when we left the room it was no way Troy's sentence should not have been commuted. Then less than 30 minutes after DA's side left the Parole Board held a press conference and denied Troy, a reporter said Martina It was like all the air was sucked out of the room no one thought Troy would remain in prison and the Parole Board offered no reason, because they do not have to. The Parole Board in Georgia meets in closed doors, no recorded meetings, no transcripts, and no accountability.
When Troy got the first stay, they said there would be no executions in Georgia when there is some doubt, well with the two hearings there is more than some doubt. There is overwhelming doubt of Troy's innocence so why would they deny him without explanation. I think because three of the members are former prosecutors and two are former police from the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, some sort of deal was made against Troy. I think they wanted to flex their muscle because they have no one to answer to.
WE HAVE TO KEEP FLOODING THEM WITH LETTERS AND FAXES TO RECONSIDER BECAUSE THEY CAN STILL STOP THIS EXECUTION. WE HAVE TO HOLD THEM TO THEIR WORD NO ONE WOULD BE EXECUTED WHEN THERE IS DOUBT.
Plan of actions:
1. HOLD ACTIONS, DEMONSTRATIONS WITH MEDIA IN PLACE TO TELL WHAT THE PAROLE BOARD DID AND HOW THEY HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY.
2. CONTINUE TO HAVE PEOPLE SIGN LETTERS TO THE PAROLE BOARD THERE WILL BE A NEW LETTER ON AMNESTY SITE ASKING THE BOARD FOR RECONDISERATION. YOU CAN ALSO WRITE YOUR OWN LETTER. STATING REASONING IN 100 YEARS OF GEORGIA'S DEATH PENALTY THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CASE OF 7 RECANTATIONS, NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE, NO WEAPON AND YOU SEEK DEATH.
3. MASS LETTERS TO US ATTORNEY GENERAL ASKING FOR IMMEDIATE INTERVENTION IN THIS CASE DUE TO PROSECTORIAL MISCONDUCT. CC. GEORGIA ATTORNEY GENERAL
4. MASS LETTERS TO WHITE HOUSE ASKING FOR INTERVENTION IN THIS CASE
5. CONTACT EVERY MEDIA OUTLET YOU KNOW MASS LETTERS TO CNN
INTERNATIONAL, OTHER NATIONAL MEDIA ND CELEBRITY OUTLETS THAT CAN GIVE US A PLATFORM TO GET WHAT HAPENNED OUT TO MASSES.
6. THERE WIL BE A RALLY IN ATLANTA PROBABLY THURSDAY EVENING CONTACT AMNESTY , JESSICA COHN JCOHN@AIUSA.ORG OR LAURA MOYE LMOYE@AIUSA.ORG .
ANOTHER GROUP IS PLANNING PROTEST IN FRONT OF CNN IN ATLANTA ON SATURDAY THE 20TH CONTACT Lawyer Henderson email@example.com OR 678-437-6256,
7. THOSE WHO HAVE CONTACTS WITH US SUPREME COURT MEMBERS, OR OP-EDS TO MEMBERS, WE NEED THEM TO ACT EMEREGENCY STAY AND IF WE CAN MAKE ENOUGH NOISE, RAISE ENOUGH ATTENTION, HOPEFULY THEY CAN TAKE TROY'S CASE
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE REVIEWED BY THEM ON SEPT 29TH. THE DA IN SAVANNAH MOVED DATE OF EXECUTION UP WHILE US SUPREME COURT WAS ON VACATION.
8. THE LAWYERS THINK IT IS A SLIM CHANCE THE US SUPREME COURT WILL ACT SO WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BY MAKING AS MUCH NOISE AS WE CAN.
ANY AND ALL IDEAS YOU HAVE WE HAVE TO GO FOR IT TO SAVE TROY, SO AS ACTIVISTS I SAY DO WHAT YOU DO!!!!!
Attorney General, Michael B. Mukasey 202-514-2001
OR Office of the Attorney General - 202-353-1555
Georgia Attorney General Thurbert E. Baker 404-656-3300 Fax 404-657- 8733
President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
TTY/TDD Comments: 202-456-6213
Please send your Fax: 404-651-8502
comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia Parole Board Fax 404-651-8502
I will get you more parole board numbers
People can go on Amnesty Website to sign petitions or fax their own letters. I will send numbers in next email. Or Text the parole board from your cell phone. Go t send message type the name TROY, then send to 90999.
We still have Fight in Us and we will FIGHT!
Thank you all for everything you are doing TROY SAYS NO MATTER WHAT WE HAVE TO FIGHT BECAUSE THIS IS BIGGER THAN TROY. THIS IS A BATTLE FOR HUMAN TIGHTS AND TRUE JUSTICE AND WE ARE WINNING SMALL BATTLES EVERYDAY!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Martina Correia: "We are still fighting for Troy"
This message is from Martina Correia (Troy's sister).