Friday, February 6, 2009 - Sunday, February 8, 2009
Campus Progress is hosting our first ever Southern Regional Conference at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia from February 6-8, 2009! In addition to our summer national conference held each year in Washington, DC, we are adding an annual regional conference for both journalists and activists. This event couldn't come at a better time - fresh off the heels of an amazing election. This event will bring together over 200 of the brightest students and young people, including campus organizers, bloggers and journalists from all over the South, for three days of networking, training, and skills-building.
There will be both a journalism track and an activism track at the regional conference.
Click here to find out more about the Campus Progress Southern Regional Conference and apply today!
The journalism track will offer students:
- Engaging speakers with media experience
- Hands-on workshops to enhance reporting and writing skills
- Publication critiques with professional journalists and Campus Progress staff
- Tour of CNN headquarters
The activism track will allow students to:
- Hear from inspiring leaders
- Get trained on the strategies and skills you need to change your campus, community, and world
- Network with other organizers about key issues
- Discuss post-election organizing
- Engage in a community action
This conference is free and open to the public; however, you must apply to attend. The application deadline to be considered for a travel grant or housing is Sunday, January 18, 2009. If you do not need a travel grant or housing, the application deadline is Tuesday, February 3, 2009.Click here to find out more about the Campus Progress Southern Regional Conference and apply today!