Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Call To Action From Troy Davis!

I just received this letter from Troy in the mail and wanted to share it with everybody in it’s entirety. At first I wondered why the penmanship was sort of scrawled.  Then I read his note and I understood. He had to write it using the inside of a pen. They have taken everything from him except his eyeglasses. Yet his call to action is strong and mighty.

Marlene Martin
Campaign to End the Death Penalty (CEDP)
For more info on Troy and on the Global day of action go to our website at www.nodeathpenalty.org


Hello Marlene,
I received your letter. However they took all of my mail, address book and the only property I have is my eyeglasses.  I’m writing with the filter of a pen because I’m not allowed the entire pen. With all these security rules they only allowed me to write down your address.  I don’t remember everything you said in your letter but I wanted to thank you, your family and CEDP for everything.

It is time for action so please encourage everyone to reach out to politicians, ministers, and grassroots organizations to contact the Georgia Board of Pardons and Parole and Governor to grant me relief and stop this scheduled execution.  Get involved in this movement to put an end to the death penalty.  Come to Georgia and take a stand for Justice. Let them know I’m blessed and my faith in God is stronger than ever.  Now we have a chance to join together and be heard loud and clear that Georgia needs to stop this execution of an innocent man and end the death penalty all together.

Excuse my writing but its hard using the funnel only.

God bless you and keep up the great work you’re doing.

Sincerely

Troy Davis

2 comments:

gretablau said...

Wow. Amazing and heartbreaking. When is that picture of him from?

gretablau said...

Wow. When is that picture of Troy from? I can't believe in the last days of a man's life, he can't have a freaking pen.