Friday, March 13, 2009

New Mexico's death penalty repeal bill passed their Senate by a vote of 24 to 18!

The bill has only one more step to become law! It now goes on to Gov. Bill Richardson, who we hope will sign it. We'll inform you as soon as we know if Governor Richardson signs and we have one more state without the death penalty!

The New Mexico Coalition to Repeal the Death Penalty has supported this bill with a common-sense and compassionate combination of concern for victims' families and fiscal responsibility:

Qoute by Equal Justice USA

1 comment:

stimpy said...

What a bunch of crap! I am all for the death penalty, my only problem is that I dont think we use it enough. I think that we should scrap the chair and lethal injection because it cost too much money. I think we should just use the firing squad. A person should be given a chance for 1 appeal and once thats over, its time to end it. Come on america, get on board! Kill Kill Kill!!